Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 1

Well today was the first day of school. Math 1030 is going to have a quiz each week along with homework due the same day as the quiz and several tests but it will all be math in a practical application so it should be easy. I don't hate math I just don't love it and hence the reason that I wont be taking any more math classes after this one. I'm also taking UGS 1010 as a class to help me get to know what there is at the U and to help me with getting my degree. POLS 2100 is one of the classes that I have to take for my degree and there will be a lot of reading and 2 midterms and a final. The biggest problem that I'm looking at right now is that both of my finals are on April 30th which is the first day of a three day drill at Camp Williams. I'll be talking with my professors and hopefully things will be able to be worked out. On top of this I checked to make sure that my Tuition had been taken care of by the Purple Heart wavier only to find out that I owed money for tuition. Well I went to the tuition/scholarship office to find out why. After waiting in a rather long line I was able to talk to someone that did get the information that I needed. Evidently the wavier is treated by the U as a scholarship and so you have to be full-time. This means that the system will not process it because I'm not a full-time student at this time. However they will go ahead and put it through manually but it will take a few days. Also while I was there I turned in the form for the subsidized student loan to help pay off other loans and we will use the money saved to be able to pay off the student loan when I'm no longer in school. That is all for now and best of luck to me in all of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment